Building a business legacy for the Rio Olympics 2016
Brazil Access 2016 is a unique international business initiative from 2nd to 7th November 2014 to develop new trade and investment opportunities between Brazil and the rest of the world as its rapidly emerging economy prepares to stage the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. For more information, please download the Brazil Access 2016 flyer here.
Brazil Access 2016 will:
- lift the international profile of Brazil's rapidly changing business environment and highlight its emerging capabilities in the key growth industries of the 21st Century;
- attract additional foreign direct investment to Brazil and forge business partnerships between Brazilian enterprises and their international counterparts;
- help selected Brazilian companies become more global by facilitating their expansion and engagement with international markets; and provide unique strategic positioning and business development opportunities for the venture’s business partners
A business “legacy” initiative for the 2016 Olympic Games based on the highly successful models developed for the Sydney 2000 and Beijing 2008 Olympic Games
Staging major events such as the Olympic Games provide host cities and nations with a once-in-a-generation opportunity to generate significant long-term economic benefits.
Typically these benefits are considered in terms of new and improved infrastructure, and enhanced tourism. However the “legacies” that can be created extend much further than these and can include additional trade and investment, and ongoing partnerships between local companies and their international counterparts.
Brazil Access will draw upon and leverage the lessons learned and the international business networks developed by Investment 2000 and China Access 2008, the highly successful business-led legacy programs conducted for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games (Investment 2000) and the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games (China Access 2008).
These private-sector driven business facilitation programs used the global focus provided by the Olympics to develop valuable new business connections between the Olympic host countries and the rest of the world and generated significant trade, investment and other commercial outcomes that otherwise would not have occurred. They also yielded very real commercial benefits for their sponsoring companies.
International Business Visit Program - 2nd to 7th November 2014
The Brazil Access 2016 Visit Program will draw upon a number of the country's most insightful corporate and thought leaders and will provide a particularly time and cost effective for you to consider the potential role that Latin America may play in your own business strategy.
Day 1 - Sao Paulo - Sunday 2nd November 2014
Welcoming drinks in the evening
Day 2 - Sao Paulo - Monday 3rd November 2014
Setting the appropriate strategic context: the rise of the BRICs (Brazil, Russia, India and China) and MIST (Mexico, Indonesia, South Korea and Turkey).
- Brazil "by the numbers"
- Brazil's rapidly changing economic and political realities - the corporate implications
- The keys to Brazil's further development and sustainability focusing on key sectors: Infrastructure, Energy and Mineral Resources, Agriculture, Education, Science and Technology, and Financial Services
- Private dinner in the evening
Day 3 - Sao Paulo - Tuesday 4th November 2014
A focus on Sao Paulo with company site visits and business networking
Day 4 – Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro - Wednesday 5th November 2014
- Individual company meetings
- Individual transfers to Rio de Janeiro
Day 5 – Rio de Janeiro - Thursday 6th November 2014
- Establishing a regional South American business strategy - best practice case studies
- Getting started in Brazil - practical implementation issues
- A focus on Rio de Janeiro - company site visits and business networking
- Official reception in the evening
Day 6 - Rio de Janeiro - Friday 7th November 2014
- The keys to Brazil's further development and sustainability: politics and social development
- Two intriguing insights into the future: Tour of a Rio favela and Official tour of Rio 2016
- Farewell drinks in the evening
Price: US$2,250.00 includes our 5 day program of networking, briefings, company visits and business introductions. The price does not include flight and accommodation costs.
For more information, and/or to register your interest, please visit www.brazilaccess2016.com